Thoughts on the world and my world

Wednesday, December 06, 2006

Spencer and the web

 

Yesterday Spencer was home from school.  He updated his own website with a posting on the meaning of Christmas.  Here is a copy of the text:

 

 

      I really like Christmas.  It is one of my favourite celebrations because it celebrates Jesus' birthday.  I like giving and receiving and giving gifts, but in my perspective, Christmas is about Jesus.  Not all people agree with me so this could possiblt start minor conflicts.

      This, of course, explains why store's signs sometimes use X-mas instead of Christmas because this could be insulting to other people if they don't have the same beliefs as christians do.  So now you and I, I hope, now know that Christmas is not all about gifts, but about Jesus' birth.

      It is greatly unfortunate that not all people know the true meaning of Christmas and that it is in fact not all about gifts.  If you do not agree with me on this topic, I do not mind as you are the one to deccide weather Christmas is about Jesus' birth or merely about gifts alone.

      Gifts are fine to be giving and getting as long as you keep in mind that the celebration is not all about gifts.

No comments: