Thoughts on the world and my world

Wednesday, August 17, 2005

The season is almost done

Well, my first season as soccer coach is virtually done. The last regular game just finished about an hour ago and we have one more game Saturday.

Coaching has taught me a few things. Firstly, that I am more competitive than I thought. Although this is a league where scores and standings are not tracked, the competitive spirit lies just beneath a thinly veiled guise of "we are all here to have fun".

The good news is that the children do not sense this, or at least not too much. I did notice though that even children want to know a) the score and b) have we won more game than we have lost. It is clear that all of us like to nbe on a winning team.

Spencer has developed well this year. He is a well rounded player able to play many positions, but I think defence is his best (or goal).

It is a nice clear August night. There will be very few nice summer evenings liek this left to enjoy. Sandra and I are sat on the porch...over and out.



No comments: